The Mudd Library
*** The Mudd Library is currently under renovation and is expected to open end of November. Until then, there is a temporary library space set up in the Feldman Horn Gallery. It is open from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM. Students can still check out chargers, laptops, textbooks, and English reading books, and access a select portion of our physical collection. Librarians are still available to assist with e-resources and any academic needs! ***
We're open every school day from 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM and offer a variety of services:
- Thousands of ebooks available, both for research projects and for personal reading
- Monthly book displays in the library, curated by librarians, archived here
- One-on-one or small group help with research projects
- Collaboration with faculty on projects big and small related to Media Literacy and Digital Citizenship
- Personalized reading recommendations for students, faculty, staff, and the greater HW community
- Desktop computers open for research, homework, printing, and browsing our catalog
Library Study Room
The library has a new Group Study Room for student use. Use the room schedule to view available time slots (you may need to log into your Google Drive account). A QR code linked to the schedule can be found at the front desk of the library as well as the door to the study room.
Email us or speak to any of the librarians to book your time slot. Reservations can be made one week in advance.
Sora Audiobooks and Ebooks
Go to Sora, choose "Harvard-Westlake School," and use your HW login to borrow ebooks and audiobooks. We have over 7000 titles available for checkout! You can use the Sora mobile app to read or listen on your device and can even send most books to a Kindle.
Ask a Librarian
Ms. Darling will monitor this email account between 8 AM and 5 PM on school days; outside of these hours, she will respond as soon as possible.
You may also contact a specific librarian:
- Ms. Jessica Wahl regarding questions about finding sources for research projects
- Ms. Edie Darling with general library questions, research project questions, to chat about reading, and ask about adding new titles to the collection
- Ms. Kacie Cox for the best reading recommendations, research and writing help, and general everyday questions
Request a Title
Request a Title
Need/want a book that we don't have? Suggest it here!
Follow the Mudd Library Instagram page!